Saturday, April 13, 2013

Week 11

Week 11 was a good week. My blister got infected and on Thursday night I could not sleep it hurt so bad. I woke up up about 2:30 am and I put ice on it and tried to sleep but could not. It was throbbing and out of control with pain. So about 3:30 am I did surgery on my foot. I cut the blister open and it popped like a big zit. I squeezed puss and blood out of it. After that it felt 100% better. It still hurt but it was not throbbing and the pain was very manageable.
Today I had my last long run before my half. I did 8 miles today. It was cold and windy and I got stuck at a stop light forever. I did eat a gu chomp at mile 4 and I think I love those things. It gave me a huge pick me up and I finished really strong.
Race day is a week from today. I am getting nervous. I'm not nervous about the running I am nervous about the parking and the starting line and Jeremy has family staying with us that weekend so its goings to be a crazy stressful eventful weekend.










No comments:

Post a Comment