Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 10

Less than two weeks till my half. I am so nervous.
This week I was on Vacation with my family in St. George, UT. I got 3 runs in with my sister and loved it. We did our long run (9 miles, I'm now tapering) on this cool river trail. It was so nice to have someone to run with.
Jeremy got me a fuel belt for my birthday and some shorts and a shirt. I was informed by Amy that I should be hydrating on my runs and I should try some sort of fuel. So I got to try my fuel belt out and some Guy Chomps. I noticed a huge difference with water and fuel on my long run. It was great. I am so glad that I got that piece of advice. I know it will make a huge difference during my half.
The bad news is I have something wrong with the bottom of my foot. I had a huge blister and we drained it before our vaca and than I got some red sand inside the blister and didn't notice it. I knew that it hurt but it took me two days to figure out there was sand in it. So Jer cut away all the dead skin and we got all the sand out but now the whole bottom on my foot feels like a huge bruise. By the end of the day it feels as if my foot is broken tonight I took Advil and Tylenol and sat with ice on it I hope it feels better soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment