Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week 8

Monday, Wednesday and Friday were typical TM runs.
Friday night it snow, A LOT. I woke up Saturday morning and was really surprised how much snow we got. I got ready to run home from Jeremy's gyms. But as we were driving there I was looking at the sidewalk and thinking that it was not real safe to run in 5 inches of slush. There is a road right out of the gym that is about a mile and half and that road was not bad. Most parts were shoveled or melting. The sun was out and I said I would just run up and down that road 4 times to get my 11 miles in.
When I started out it was colder than I thought. The sun was out but it would go behind clouds and the wind would blow. I got to the end of the road and instead of turning around I kept running. Not the way home but straight. I ran till the end of the road which was 3 miles. Than turned around ran back to where i started and than turned around again. Ran to the end of the road turned around again and ran back. On the way back I back tracked a little bit to get 11 miles in. Than I walked 3/4 of a mile. Once I got warmed up I felt great. I was not cold and fell into a great pace. The sidewalk was slush in some spots and I stepped in a few big puddles by accident and made my feet wet and heavy. But I finished the 11 miles with about an11 min/mile pace and I was on top of the world.
Only one more long a run before I start tapering.









No comments:

Post a Comment