Saturday, March 9, 2013

Week 6

Half way there. I have exactly 6 weeks to the half marathon race.
This week my hamstrings were super tight but as the week progressed they felt better.
My new shoes are working great. My feet are still recovering but the new shoes are helping.

Monday I did a 5k on the TM and really pushed the speed. I ran the second mile in 7:30 min. I was super pleased with my time on Monday.

Wednesday I ran outside pushing the jogging stroller and it was cold and Kyle did not like being in the stroller for that long so the run felt super long.

Friday I did a very slow and steady 4 miles on the TM

Today (Saturday) I did 9.5 miles home from Jeremy's gym and than walked the last mile for 10.5 miles total!! It was sunny and windy and I had a head wind the whole time. But I got it done and my time was ok for 9.5 miles. My earphone battery died at about 7 miles so I had to run the last little bit with no music.
The first 3 miles of a long run are always the hardest for me. Than miles 3 thru 6 are great. I get in the groove and just run. Than the last few miles are mentally hard.
Its hard for me to believe that 8 months ago I could not even run a mile with out taking walking breaks and today I ran 9.5 miles without stopping. It feels great to be slowly progressing my fitness level.











No comments:

Post a Comment