Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week 7 St. Pattys Day 5k

This week was up and down.
Monday I did 4 miles on the TM and pushed it crazy fast
Wednesday I did 5 miles on the TM and pushed it the last two miles. I have really gotten into the habit of doing speed work when I am on the TM.
Friday I did my long run. At about mile two a lady turning right on red did not see me in the cross walk and I had to jump out of the way and cetch my balance on her hood. I was not hurt in any way but it scared me and got my heart rate up. I just kept running and finished my 10 miles in 2 hours. The last 3 miles were really really mentally hard for me. I felt tired and kept asking myself why in the world I decided to train for a half Mary. I kept questioning my ability and wondering how in the hell I am going to run 11 miles straight next week. But I did it and I guess I will worry about 11 miles next week. I officially signed up for the half marathon and so there is no turning back now. Because I waited so long to sign up for it it was $100 to register. So I better keep training and be ready to run it. I think after officially registering I have got myself all psyched out. I can do this (I hope).
Saturday I ran a st. Pattys day 5k with my friends. The first mile was down hill and the last 2 miles were all up hill. I did the first mile in 8 min and than mile 2 in 10 min and than I took a two min walking break and ran the third mile. I was really mad at myself for walking but I did not pace myself at all the first mile and burnt out. I was also tired from my 10 miles the day before. I fished in 29:07 and got 8th in my age group. I could have done a lot better but I did it and I had fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment