Saturday, April 12, 2014

Wonder Women 5k


Race Report

Race : Wonder Women 5k

Distance : 5k

Date : 4/12/2014 

Pre-Race Preparation : normal training

Pre-Race Thoughts : it was colder than I thought I was going to be

Lap Length :

Running Surface : pavement

Incline / Decline : it was pretty flat

Start Time : 9:00 am

Finish Time : 30:24 7th place in my age group. 

Weather  : mostly cloudy

Pre-Race Routine : 

Shoes : munzunos

Socks : my black running socks

Fluids taken during the race : none

Energy / Calories consumed Prior to the race : water and a naked smoothie 

Energy / Calories consumed During the race : none

Sodium / Electrolytes consumed During the race : none

General Observations : it was a really small race. Less than 50 women. It was nice to be all women. I was cold at the start but warmed up right away

Things that worked for this event : my new running watch worked perfect! And Jeremy's wireless headphones worked perfect. I need to get me a pair. 

Things that didn’t work well for this event : my tummy was pretty upset the whole night before and the morning. 

Psychological Observations : I started out way to fast but I never walked. It was an out and back course and the way back seemed to go by a lot faster than the way out. 

Post-Race Recovery : none

Things to Improve for Next Time : get more sleep before hand and train more outside. 




No comments:

Post a Comment