Friday, July 5, 2013

Quick Check In



I ran 10 miles today without stopping. Today I ran 10 miles without stopping. That is the farthest I have ran since my half marathon in April. We were in Meadow for the 4th and since there was Jeremy and my mother in law to watch the boys I woke up and 6:30 and ran. I started the run at 7 am. It's been sooooo hot here that I had to get it done early. I laced up and ran on the frontage road. I went out 5.5 miles, turned around and ran back. The first 3 miles were hard. The first 3 miles of any long run are really hard for me. After that I was in the zone. I ate two gu chomps at miles 4.5 and miles 5 thru 8 flew by. I was on top of the world. Mile 8 was getting hot and I was getting tired. Mile 9 was hot and I was ready to be done. My phone said 10 miles and I was so happy. I walked a half mile to cool down and than stretched and drank a ton of water. It took me just under two hours. I felt on top of the world. I just busted out 10 miles without walking. I was really happy with my pace too. I have had runner lugs the whole day and my knees hurt like hell but I did it. 

Above is my 10 miler today and below is my 4 miler in Meadow on Wednesday. 

This was my splits for the 10 miles :)

These two photos are from the Millie's Princess run. 


T


Th




No comments:

Post a Comment